Enhance your event’s sustainability bona fides with our Certify program
Amplify your message and get the most from your staff resources by choosing our Certify program and you’ll receive:
• 5 hours per year of direct consulting support to smooth your transition to a more sustainable event.
• Access to Council staff to assist with the bulk of documentation and reporting requirements for Council Certification.
• Paid advertising recognizing your event as Council-certified in relevant publications and media channels. Also includes social media support and promotion.
• A carbon footprint calculator that allows accurate offsetting of energy used for operations and travel.
• Local food procurement assistance that focuses on local resources for sustainable agriculture and produce.
• Communication assistance with vendors to ease compliance concerns.
• Exclusive verification and support from Waste Management’s Sustainability Services team, the Council’s Primary Evaluator and Elite Co-Champion.
Certification Fee Structure
|Event Size||Certification Application Fee|
|Under 1,000 participants or paid spectators||$2,500|
|1,000 - 4,999 participants or paid spectators||$3,000|
|5,000 - 9,999 participants or paid spectators||$3,500|
|10,000 - 19,999 participants or paid spectators||$4,000|
|20,000 - 49,999 participants or paid spectators||$4,500|
|50,000 - 99,999 participants or paid spectators||$5,000|
|More than 100,000 participants or paid spectators||$6,000|